Sunday, March 15, 2020

Brilliant ideas or flops to help you get through the Coronavirus COV-19 outbreak

I've run across some brilliant ideas during the coronavirus outbreak but several seem to be sketchy at best. Do homemade masks and hand sanitizers really work?

Please, no blowing of bubbles in crowed spaces.
Due to the shortage of COVID-19 protection gear, there are a series of homemade DIY mask projects online. Most do not screen the ultra teeny particles or allow side and top seepage. Genius Asian explains the defects in most masks and in a pinch how to improve upon masks. The best "mask" that I've seen is a motorcycle helmet! Lucky for all the cyclists. I also thought this simple idea of altering a binder sleeve was brilliant but you would also have to wear a mask as the virus can stay in the air for hours after someone sneezes.

Even better, take a bubble bath!
There are hundreds of recipes online for DIY hand sanitizers. The ratio has to be just right (over 60% alcohol) in order to even be effective. The best idea I've come across online is to forget the hand sanitizer and wash your dam hands or use a tissue when touching things and carefully fold it and toss it!

Pills anyone? A great disguise is a roll top butter dish
I was very curious as to why one of my customers would buy an ornate 1940s roll top butter dish. Who in their right mind would be hosting a formal dinner during the coronavirus outbreak? Their novel answer would be explained in their review, "Lovely and unique addition to our master bathroom, we are actually using it to hold our night pills...aesthetically much better and easier to use then a old prescription bottle."

A little dancing couldn't hurt strengthen lungs.
The personal journey documented by UK tourists that were aboard the Princess Cruise Ship has been logged by David Abel. In great detail he describes his symptoms and praises the overwhelming kindness shown by the Japanese hospital staff during their (his wife is also infected) months of quarantine! He believes that the simple breathing technique explained by EFT kept him off a ventilator and saved his life.

This garden beauty made me smile!
Of course the key to minimizing your contact with the virus is to do what the World Health Organization recommends. If you are sick in any manner, absolutely STAY THE F**K AT HOME. Yesterday I mentioned that I felt like I was coming down with something. I will NOT be making in trips out until my symptoms disappear (unless they carry me out on a stretcher). I am quite shocked that I caught something given how ridiculous I am about hand washing and not touching anything when I go out. It just goes to show how virulent coronavirus is.

United States primary voting, even by ballot, is risky for those on the receiving line!  

The good news is that I appear to have a sinus infection and no symptoms match the coronavirus symptoms. This is not an uncommon thing for me to get late Winter early Spring. It's a good day to stay inside by the wood stove as it is cold and damp. But I did poke around the yard a bit to see what popped up overnight.

~Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...