Wednesday, April 6, 2011

T & A & X & E & S

I am trying to put a positive spin on filing my taxes.  Is that at all even possible?  I am not going to hyperventilate or break out in my usual annual sweat.  I promise, promise.  Well, to be truthful, I actually went into a tizzy this morning after just trying to begin my taxes!  I was logging my tax documents and couldn't find one interest form.  My blood pressure went up and I started disrobing.  No matter what I do, meditate, breath deeply, sip my cup of tea, I get in a TAX TIZZY.  Anthony knows when it's tax filing time, he sees the dark storm cloud following me and it conjures up all sorts of Ides of March gloom and doom.  In the old days, the Ides was an indication of the 15th day of the month when bills were due!  How convenient that April 15th is still known as tax day.

My history with the IRS is actually pretty decent but I did have a run in last year.  After receiving my filing for 2009, I received a one pager saying I never filed my taxes for 2008.  The blood ran up into my face and steam came out of my ears.  It was unbelievable.  That year, for the first time ever, I had filed my taxes online.  After a speedy and disturbing conversation with the IRS, it seems they actually received my filing but rejected it!  They never notified me - no email, no letter in the MAILBOX.  They tried to bill me over $1,000 in late fees (which made me nauseous to say the least) but after researching online as to how to approach the situation with the IRS, we ended up paying $7.00.  I was stunned that I had actually won my case!

So here it is 9 days before filing due date and I am procrastinating - AGAIN.  Next is to go online and see if there are any strange new 2010 tax credits I can write in.  Then off to find me a FREE Filer. 

The only good thing about this day is that the Bluebirds are fighting for our bird house!  YAY.

-Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...