Monday, October 10, 2011

Staples Camera Deal

Kodak Easyshare M320
I've been waiting months to pounce on a good camera deal.  My husband purchased a Kodak Easyshare as a gift for me years ago.  It was time for an upgrade.  Back in the day of "film" photography, I had a zoom lens Minolta.  I paid a good penny for it in the early 80's and it weighed a ton.  It was a great camera but not easily replaced for a decent price with today's digital technology, until yesterday. 

I researched online, reading numerous reviews.  There were really no serious negatives so I took the plunge and grabbed a Fujifilm Finepix S3300.  It seemed weight was an issue for some reviewers but compared to my old Minolta this was lightweight.  It actually adds some balance and the point and shoots are so lightweight I fumble with them! 

The deal runs this week at Staples.  The cost is $199.00 and you get a $50.00 gift card, making the deal $150.00.  It's an impressive camera with 14 megapixels, 26X Optical Zoom.  It's fairly easy to use for a versitle camera.  I am so happy to finally once again be able to manually alter aperature and shutter settings.  The lower priced point and shoots rarely, if ever, don't offer both.  My Kodak actually allowed more flexiblity and was a decent 9.2 megapixels (which was pretty good even by today's standards) but maxed out at a 3X Optical Zoom.

FujiFilm S3300
You can see the improvement from the shots taken in the same light minutes apart.  The detail just can not be realized with my Kodak 3X zoom.  Pretty impressive for just pointing and shooting right out of the box.  I have a lot to learn but it was easy to get a few shots without too much fiddling.  There is no other digital camera with such zoom power and good online ratings at this price.  Typical prices for other camera in this category are $500 - $800.00.  If your in the market and will spend $50.00 at Staples over the next several years, grab it before the deal is gone.  The Gift Card has no "expiration".

-Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...