Thursday, April 16, 2015

Etsy Stock IPO today, becomes a Publicly Traded Company


Vintage Iron from my shop.
YES, I am an Etsy seller and have been since 2010. Today my boss becomes a publicly traded company on the NASDAQ exchange.

News so far... The pre-stock IPO buy price was $16.00 and it has just hit the market for public buying at $31.00 and is currently trading at $34.40.

There is a lot of talk among shop owners as to if Etsy can remain a hub for small business owners. Etsy opened the door to manufacturing (with restrictions) last year and it was not an easy pill to swallow for small business owners, especially handcrafted goods sellers.

Cute vintage purse in my shop.
I sell vintage on Etsy in two shops, ForsythiaHill.etsy.com and DontUWantMe.etsy.com, consigning many of my items for friends and family. I also sell on Ebay.

Want to get in on the excitement, here is a bit of how today began for Etsy.

The stock is rising, is it time to jump in? Time will tell.

1970's Necklace - never worn - in my vintage shop.
Founded in Brooklyn in 2005, Etsy is a hipster online marketplace that sells, handmade, vintage, and supplies. Having over 1 million sellers and 20 million buyers selling 26 million items. Come join in on the fun, check out Etsy.

-Rebecca



1 comment:

  1. Wow, didn't know this happened today. Thanks for sharing and yes, it will be interesting to see what direction it will go.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...